Dec 3, 2009

Manuel Capurso

I have been struggling recently to explain my work as it and I am in a turbulent flux. I showed my work to Manuel Capurso (a photographic artist and graduate from LCC)  and this was his response. It is really interesting for me how someone else perceives the work. I don't want to give too many clues, too much information can close down the dialogue. I am really fascinated with what he had to say so I thought I would share, 

"I have to admit there is a strange feeling.....looking at your photos....they do transmit me a sort of provocative uncertainties. there is a sense of emptiness and incommunicability.......it seems that your photo don't have a start and don't have an end, there is a sense of anxiety, they could go forever....almost suspended in time and place....I don't know why but while i was looking at them (especially the series I want to be just like you) i remembered (very unusual for me....maybe one of my two cells was working at that time!!!)....the line of a poem (the infinite) from an italian poet of the beginning of the XIX century..........."but sitting here, and watching here, in thought, I create interminable spaces, greater than human silences, and deepest quiet, where the heart barely fails to terrify!!"..