Sep 1, 2009

Tim Burton's MOMA Show - Nov 2009

Once upon a time I was an extra in Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd. I agreed because he is my all time favourite director. A pioneer of sinister fairytales he merges horror, childhood and dreams in one. During the shoot days, I observed his introverted, quiet nature and soaked in the lighting, aesthetic and vision being produced before my eyes. I didn't realise at the time what an effect he had up on me.
I have been informed of an upcoming Moma show where Burton's mind is put on display. His drawings, photographs, writings, film excepts - all in one place. Most material has never been seen and Burton has a chance to be shown as the multi disciplinary artist he truly is. I am devastated that I won't be in NYC to see it but urge anyone here to go. It opens 22nd November 2009 and runs until April 26th 2010. The show is a precursor to March 2010s release of Burton's Alice in Wonderland.